K.C. Runciman Landscape
was established by landscape architect Kenneth Claude Runciman in 1946. The location at that time was on Jackson road (where Sesi Lincoln and Volvo are now) and was primarily a landscape nursery that did retail sales and planting design.
As the business grew Ken was joined by Ed Doll in 1954. Ed was also a registered landscape architect with a professional design style and a vast knowledge of plant materials. As Ken began to think about retirement he and Ed looked to John Stevens to help with that transition. John, was a U of M graduate and brought with him a background of art and natural resources. As the Jackson road location became less and less practical, the office / Nursery was re-located to its present location South of Saline. Again, as things progressed, and Mr. Doll began to pursue other things he and John saw an opportunity to transition Dan Miller into their office and combine a horticulture background into the mix of landscape architecture.
As our demographic continually evolves, and to better service the needs of our clients, we added another tier to the talent pool in 2010 as Fred Knight joined our firm. Fred’s background as a horticulturalist and a licensed builder coupled with his passion for gardening and strong attention to detail, has been as welcomed addition to our team.
Our staff is educated and experienced, our crews are among the most talented craftsmen in their trade, and we all share a passion for quality garden design.